Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Passion, My Art - What is yours?

My passion is the creation of great art that will in some way touch, in a positive way those who view my art. Allowing others to share the 'moments from reality and dreams’, to capture in an image, a moment where time seems to stop and stand still, that will illicit an emotional response in the viewer.
.
By adding these designs to everyday products and merchandise, others can carry the reminder with them and return to those emotions again and again.
.
My art is influenced by those things that have been consistent themes throughout my life. These are my faith, nature, animals and moments of transcendence within the everyday. Simple and recognizable subjects within my art, capture the blending of ‘moments from reality and dreams.’ These instances arise out of apparent chaos, simplicity, movement or an intensity of colors and evoke very strong and powerful feelings inspiring us to persevere.
.
A quiet and stillness can be found within the magic of a moment and calls forth the truest and purest emotions of who we are. The challenge of capturing a moment that touches someone’s heart and spirit keeps me striving and creating.
.
The true joy is in the journey in the creating, no matter what it is that I do. Find your passion, that thing that drives you, that terrifies you, that brings you joy. If we would all do that and not pursue the meaningless things of life we would know that we often do make a difference, and my hope would be that we could realize the magnitude of that and the change it might bring.
.
Find your passion!


No comments: