Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reminder this is a 'Year of Grace'


The Year of GRACE - 2009 (original post in January 2009)

My family has decided that 2009 will be our "Year of Grace" towards ourselves and others.

To do our best and give ourselves a break and extend that to everyone we meet. To stand by our principles of truth and love, not tolerate evil or hate but to meet both these extremes with grace and mercy. Life unfolds one day at a time, even moment by moment I want to aspire to experience those moments.

In my personal and professional life I will afford myself the grace I deserve and extend that to others. Allow myself to fail, fall short of the mark and change the expectations of myself and others. In the times of uncertainty in which we live, we all need grace, kindness and acceptance in our daily lives. Our lives are like a stream down a mountainside it does not go in a straight line from here to there. I want to no longer seek some big 'cure' for life's experiences but to know that every experience is what makes up our lives.

It is only our daily bread that we are encouraged to ask for.
The present is the only time in which any duty
can be done or any grace received. - "The Weight of Glory" C.S. Lewis

No comments: