Friday, October 29, 2010

My Manifesto of Insignificance

Knowing that my physical death is certain, but the time of death is uncertain;

Knowing that my life and work does matter, but also will not last;

  • I will seek to love and worship God in each act
  • I will slow down and live in the moments of today
  • I will love unceasingly; my family, friends and others
  • I will strive to create beauty within and without
  • I will acknowledge the wonder, live deliberately and laugh often
  • I will believe in the ripple effect that if I touch one life, I have touched the world

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. 

This is to have succeeded."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

 ("An Angels Travels" - Copyright 2010 Maleko, Watercolor pencils on 

watercolor paper, approx. 4x6 inches, Paint Shop flood fill and border)

 

No comments: