Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An All Consuming Fire

Do you truly believe what you say you truly believe?  Growing up I used to think of Jesus as -
  • a baby in a manger surrounded with a bunch of animals
  • a historical figure who was killed some 2000 years ago
  • a vague and confusing idea of what might be ahead after this life
  • an idea that represents the good in people and society
  • a god(?) uninterested in the day to day lives of human beings
But as I've aged and traversed my own journey through life encountering the joys and the sorrows,  I have come to realize that when I surrender to God and allow Him to lead and guide me, He is so much more than I have ever dreamed of.  A friend and father that shows himself to me anew in a hundred different ways each day; my source of strength and comfort in the black, cold and stillness of night.  My purpose, my power, my potential in this world and hope in the next.

I am never alone as He loves me and cares for me in each and every moment , in the right here and right now.

He is real and alive now, He is God,  He is all I have, all I am and all I can be.

He is in the east and the west, the north and the south, 
the day and the night, the black and the white! 

No comments: